Few days back, Max Weinbach of XDA posted a screenshot on Twitter which showed Facebook was independently updating its app on the OnePlus 8 Pro. Getting a cue, I started a thread on Reddit to find if OnePlus has indeed added the infamous Facebook bloatware to the flagship OnePlus 8 series. And the revelations were startling. A number of users confirmed that not just OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8, even OnePlus Nord comes pre-installed with Facebook bloatware.
Not to mention, the shady Facebook packages are installed in OxygenOS of all regions. So if you want to get rid of Facebook bloatware from your premium OnePlus device then you have come to the right place. Here, I am going to show you how to remove Facebook bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and Nord without root permission.
Uninstall Facebook Bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and Nord
1. First and foremost, set up ADB on your computer by following our guide. Don’t worry, it’s a simple process and does not require root permission.
2. Once you have done that, connect your OnePlus device to the computer and run
adb devices command to check the connection. If it returns a serial number then you are good to go.
3. Next, enter
adb shell and hit enter. You will now enter the shell mode of your device.
4. Now, run the following command to remove the Facebook App Manager from OnePlus 8 series or Nord. If it outputs “Success” then you are done.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
5. After that, enter the next command and hit enter to remove Facebook Services.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.services
6. Finally, run this command to remove Facebook System. You have now successfully uninstalled all the Facebook bloatware from your OnePlus device.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system
Remove Facebook Bloatware from OnePlus Flagships
So that is how you can uninstall Facebook bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and OnePlus Nord. Keep in mind, uninstalling these background services won’t stop you from installing Facebook from the Play Store or any other source. Just that, whatever (shady) background activities Facebook was operating in the background will be stopped.
Anyway, that is all from us. If you found the article helpful then do comment down below and let us know. If you have some other device then you can find a general guide to remove bloatware from Android devices. Also, you can check the battery health of your OnePlus device from our linked guide.