Imagine a situation where you are jotting down your thoughts. Suddenly, you wish to remind yourself of the thoughts while messaging your friend or at a specific location, how would you set a reminder for them? Head into the Reminders app and then set a custom alert. Oh no, that’s rather time-consuming and also kind of old-school method! There is a pretty simple hack to turn notes into reminders on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Let’s dive into the breakdown to give this cool hack a shot!
Turn Notes into Reminders on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS
Probably, the best part about this trick is that it doesn’t require the installation of any third-party apps or tools. So, you can get the full leverage out of it without having to shell out any bucks. What’s more, you don’t need to be rocking the latest iteration of iOS or macOS to use this feature either.
Convert Notes into Reminders iPhone and iPad
1. Open Notes app on your device and head over to the note you want to convert into a reminder. Then, select it.
Note: You Can also make parts of notes as reminders. Simply select the text within the note and then follow the same steps mentioned below.
2. Now, tap on the Share button located at the top right.
3. Now, choose Reminders app in the share sheet.
4. If you want to set the priority or make the app remind you about it when messaging or on a day, tap on Details. Then, customize your reminder as per your needs. After that, tap on the arrow at the top left a corner of the screen to go back. In the end, click on Add to confirm.
Convert Notes into Reminders on Mac
If you think that turning notes into helpful reminders is quite upfront on iOS, then you can’t be more wrong. Again, you can convert a full note into a reminder or choose to turn a specific part of a note into an alert.
- Launch Notes app on your Mac and select any note.
Note: If you want to turn a part of the note into a reminder, then select the text within the note. After that, all the steps are the same.
2. Now, click on the Share button located in the toolbar.
3. Next, click on Reminders in the share menu.
Note: If Reminders app doesn’t show up in the menu, click on More and then check the box for Reminders.
4. Next up, fine-tune the note in line with your needs. For instance, you can choose to edit the name and select a preferred list. Just in case, you want to set priority, add image or get a reminder about it at a place or while messaging, click on the “i” button next to the name and then do the needful.
5. Once you are done, click on Add to confirm.
There you go!
Turn Notes into Reminders with Ease on Your iDevices
So, that’s how you can easily transform a note into a reminder so that you won’t forget it. For those who often jot down ideas and want to remember some important points, this little nifty hack can be of great help. Recently, I have covered several posts related to Reminders and Notes like sharing Notes folder, showing all day reminders as overdue, and making subtasks as well as sublists. Do check them out, if you haven’t been able to catch up with them.