Hello Windows Insiders, Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19640 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
You can check out Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in Windows 10 builds so far. If you are not seeing any of the features in this build, check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re on the Fast ring.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. Please note, there will be a slight delay between when a build is released and when Flight Hub is updated.
Changes and improvements in build 19640
- Based on feedback, if your Downloads folder is synced to a cloud provider, we are disabling the option to have Storage Sense automatically clear out your Downloads folder on a cycle.
- Updated the Windows login logic. So, if your PC is set up to ask you to enter your username while logging in, and you accidentally start your username with a space, it will no longer result in an error.
Known issues with build 19640
- Some devices booting from eMMC storage may bugcheck when resuming from hibernate.
- The update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview build where in Settings > Privacy, the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- Taskbar preview thumbnails aren’t rendering consistently (showing a blank area).