Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17127 (RS4) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring on March 20, 2018 and Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 (RS5) on March 21, 2018 to Windows Insiders who opted to skip ahead. Here are the details of changes made in this new preview build. Let’s go through them one by one. First start with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17127 (RS4).
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17127 (RS4) for Fast Ring
What’s new in Build 17127 for Fast Ring
1. Improvements made to Cortana
New and modified Profile page: Microsoft introduced a new server-powered profile page in Cortana where you can add and edit your favorite places. Cortana uses these places to give you traffic updates and guide you for your daily commute, and let you set reminders easily when you visit any of your added places. To go to this page, go to the Notebook section of Cortana and click the Edit button (pencil icon) to the right of your name. This feature is available in all Cortana markets.
Microsoft is soon going to cover your Interests, Family, Accounts and more. Stay tuned for updates!
Cortana’s new Notebook gets performance improvements: After receiving good feedback about updated Notebook design announced with Build 17063, Microsoft made this new design is available for all markets and languages where Cortana is supported. Besides that several performance improvements have been made to make Notebook loading faster. However, some experiences may vary depending on your Cortana market.
Learn to use a Skill in Notebook: Preloaded default Skills in Cortana’s Notebook (like Weather, Sports, and News) now come with a set of tips for questions you can ask Cortana to get you started – you can either click the suggestion, type it using keyboard, or just talk to Cortana and you will get the information you requested.
These changes will be rolled out to all Insiders in supported markets who are on RS4 and RS5 builds 20th March onward. You can always submit your feedback about Cortana and other features in Feedback Hub.
Following are current Cortana markets: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Canada, India, Spain, China, Mexico, France, Italy, Japan, Brazil
2. Improvements in Windows Mixed Reality
Here are changes made to Windows Mixed Reality. You may try out the new Windows Mixed Reality features:
- Microsoft fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality.
While Microsoft is still investigating some rare instances where newly placed holograms appear empty and the shell may restart when switching between places.
You can always give feedback on Windows Mixed Reality in Feedback Hub.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
Following issues have been fixed in current 17127 build.
- Fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you’ll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- Fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- Fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using Windows + A key combination to close the Action Center.
- Fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn’t appear in Start.
Known issues in build 17127
- Good news! There are currently no known issues for this build. However if you discover any issues with this build, you can always report them in feedback hub.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 (RS5) for Skip Ahead
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Fixed an issue where If you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive and has not been downloaded previously to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC may start bugcheck (GSOD).
- Fixed an issue related to Emoji Panel not working in the last two insider preview builds.
- If you suspend a process or a child process in Task Manager, you’ll now see an icon indicating in the Status column of the Processes tab.
Known issues in build 17627
- When you open Settings and click on any links to the Microsoft Store or other links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, even the link to Windows Defender.
- While opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file. You can open file again without closing Microsoft Edge to work around the issue.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
REMINDER: Sign up to be an Office Insider!
Microsoft is offering users to join Office Insider program just like Windows Insider Program. Through Windows and Office, Microsoft is continually looking for the best-concerned feedback from users. You can provide your valuable feedback about Office Insider preview builds after joining the program. You can click here to join the Office Insider Program.