While there are scores of WiFi hotspot software for Windows 10 out there, many users find the built-in Mobile Hotspot much simpler and easier to use. It’s just a click away and sits in the Action Center all the time. That said, lately users have been complaining about a weird issue where Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot keeps turning off. Even when the user is actively using the PC, the hotspot automatically turns off itself. So if you are also facing the same issue then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we bring you 3 simple methods to stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from turning off. With that in mind, let’s now go through the steps.
Stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from Turning Off
In this article, we have mentioned three simple guides to solve the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot issues. Although we recommend that you follow the guide as structured, you can click on the links below to quickly move to the method you like:
1. First of all, we will go through a simple solution that works for most users. Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings and navigate to Network and Internet.
2. Once you are here, move to the “Mobile Hotspot” menu and disable the toggle for “Power Saving” located at the bottom. That’s it. This should stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from turning off.
- Change Power Management Settings
1. If the above method didn’t fix the issue then follow these steps. Right-click on the Windows Start Menu and open “Device Manager”.
2. Now, expand the “Network Adapters” menu and double-click on the network card. It can be from Intel, Broadcom, Realtek, or any other manufacturing company. The network card usually sits on the top.
3. Here, switch to the “Power Management” tab and disable the toggle for “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. Finally, hit the “OK” button and restart your PC. Now onwards, Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot will not turn off intermittently.
1. If Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10 still turns off then you need to modify the Registry. Press the Windows key once and type “registry“. Open the first result.
2. Now, copy the below path and paste it on the Registry address bar. After that, hit enter. It will directly take you to the dedicated Registry page.
3. Now, right-click on the right-pane and select “Dword (32-bit) Value”.
4. Next, rename it as “PeerlessTimeout” and change the value data to 120. After that, click on “OK”. You have basically increased the hotspot timeout to 120 minutes. Finally, restart your computer, and this time, Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot will not turn off itself.
Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Keeps Turning Off Solved
So that is how you can prevent Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from sleeping automatically. As we saw in the instructions above, most issues are related to power-saving configurations. So just change the settings and you will have a working hotspot. If you keep having issues with Windows built-in Mobile Hotspot then you can learn to create WiFi hotspot using Command Prompt.